VLBI Working Group Introduction
A technical description of SKA-VLBI (including the interfaces between the SKA1 telescopes and the VLBI terminal), a description of science performance and a compilation of VLBI Science Use Cases for SKA can be found here
In October 2019 an SKA-VLBI workshop was held at SKA HQ, at Jodrell Bank. Presentations from the workshop, relevant deliverables from the JUMPING JIVE project etc. can be obtained one the associated web pages.
Working Group Membership
Members of the the VLBI Science Working group can be found here
We actively encourage interested researchers to participate in the working group.
Please contact the co-chairs if you are interested in joining the group, with a brief description of your area of research.
The current co-chairs are:
- Tao An (Shanghai Astronomical Observatory, China), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jack Radcliffe (University of Pretoria, South Africa), email@example.com
Guidelines on who can join the group can be found here
The SKAO Project Scientist liaison is Philippa Hartley.
Related 2015 “Advancing Astrophysics with the Square Kilometre Array” Chapters
- See appropriate section here
Related 2004 “Science with the Square Kilometre Array” Chapters
- “Microarcsecond astrometry using the SKA” Fomalont and Reid
- “Observing gravitational radiation with QSO proper motions and the SKA” Jaffe
- Zsolt Paragi (2015-2017)
- Cormac Reynolds (2015-2023)